We've not even been in our house for two years yet, and our kitchen table setting has already been boring me for some time. It's just a little too drab.
Here it what it looked like:
I planned to change it up eventually, but when I came across a table runner in the clearance section of Target, I got inspired. A trip to IKEA (my first, in fact) provided the rest of the simple changes I was looking for.
The new look:
I think the little bit of extra color was just enough to make it more interesting. The circular shape of the new placemats are a good contrast against the rectangular table.
I kept the little birds since they were used in our wedding (though I did change out the tealight candles for something scented and more colorful). The placemats, metal vase, and roses in the arrangement were all from IKEA. The rest of the flowers were left overs from two of our wedding floral arrangements.
Not bad for a cheap, simple solution to the kitchen table blahs!




No comments:
Post a Comment